Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Tall, Ball of Nerves, with a beautiful smile.



Nearly a month ago, on my way back into town, I stopped at a shortstop, to get a drink. The young lady working that night, absolutely looked to me like she should be modeling. I am crazy about helping, developing talent from this area.. Sometimes, I brave the wierd looks, or slap in the face, and talk to perfect strangers about modeling, and seeing if they are interested. (as a rule, I don't charge any fees when I find a person like this.. most times, I get the same response.. "I have thought about it, but it's too expensive")

A little aside - When I was younger I had an agent.. not as a model, relax. but as a comdian... what an entirely bad experience, and a rip off.. money to have "them" try to find me work.. money for headshots.. classes, and more money for "updated" headshots. My parents bought me my first camera, and I fell in love. i knew I wanted to be a fashion photographer (not sure if it was for the money, or fame.. but I haven't gotten to either one just yet...lol).. But how to get started... I was lucky to find the right people.. models who had been in the business a long time, and were absolutely fantasic at what they did. They helped me start, and build my portfolio.... and I appreciate it so much, that I will never forget that everyone needs help starting.. and if I can.. I will.. just ask me:)


So, back to my shoot today. Alison showed up.. nervous, with new clothes, and excited! (not sure if she was more excited for her first photo shoot, or that she got to go shopping for new clothes...lol). So we got her changed, and off we went to a few close locations to start. Her new dress got bird stuff on it, and her new sweater got wet grass stains on it... lol really working in the new clothes.. and Alison. I saw the nerves relax, and we headed back to the studio, and got some really wonderful photos. I hope she likes them.. it was a fun day!

See you again... Thanks.

No comments: